Saturday, June 14, 2014

Vietnam Plus 3 Friday May 16

Friday (May 16) overview points
  • soccer and basketball match
  • free afternoon
  • Farewell dinner and boat ride
  • Ha's House
  • One last goodbye
Pictures



 
Journal

I cannot believe that this is our last day! I wish our group could stay another week! The hardest part of leaving is having to say goodbye to all my new Vietnamese friends. Some of them have promised to stay in touch with me on Facebook. Trang and I are going to video chat each other sometime in the next couple weeks. The bus took our group to the Phu Tho sports center for a soccer and basketball match with the UEF students. The boys’ games and girls’ games alternated. I acted as goalie for my team. My first try did not turn out well. However, I learned from my mistakes and used my new-found confidence to become a much better asset to the Pitt team my second chance on court. In my case, I decided it was wise to sit out the basketball game. I gave out shirts to my UEF friends. Thắng gave me peanut butter candy from his hometown. After the game, I worked on my journal and rested for a couple hours. At night, our class was treated to a special dinner in a boat with the president of UEF and our language teacher. The dinner was very good and the boat sailed along the river for about an hour. Later that night, Scott and I went with Ha and Khoa to meet Ha’s parents and sister, Sam. Ha took us to the attic where she showed us her father’s collection of snake wine. The jars have been sitting in the same spot for over twenty years. Some other gifts that I received that today: a metal block from Di with our names engraved on the sides, a bracelet from Trang, a metal dream catcher from Tomoyouta, and chocolate from Tran.    

No comments:

Post a Comment