Monday, May 12, 2014

Vietnam Plus 3 Sunday May 11

Sunday Overview

     On Sunday we went to the Vung Tau Province. We walked up to a statue of Jesus. The top of the statue gave us amazing views of the town and ocean. We were then given some time to swim in the ocean and relax on the beach.
Pictures
 












 
Journal
 
     Today we went to the Vung Tau Province. The bus ride was two and a half hours and many of us slept. We stopped next to a mountain near the ocean. At its peak was a statue of Jesus. The stairs to the top felt infinite, and by the end of the upward trek, many of us were drenched in sweat. Along the path there were many statues and benches. There were two canons next to the statue. It was possible to walk up the statue, but the line took a long time. What made the wait worthwhile was the amazing 360 degree views. After our hike, we ate at a seafood restaurant. I ate calamari, shrimp, and fish. We then rode to the beach entrance. I over paid for a towel and then put on my swimsuit. The sand was extremely hot so I sprinted to the water. The ocean was warmer than bathwater. I floated near the shore for about an hour watching people chuck mud at each other and chicken fight. The Vietnamese students saw we were having fun and tried to copy us. I played a little Frisbee and then rested on a lounge chair for about 45 minutes. We paid to use a shower. Afterwards, many people bought coconut juice, but because I hate the taste, I bought a lime flavored popsicle instead. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a small market. They were selling my favorite fruit, jackfruit. Today’s trip was a good opportunity for us to relax and have fun after a stressful, serious week. I ordered ramon noodles at the Diamond Mall for dinner.    


No comments:

Post a Comment